[Nbd] Compressed nbd!?

Hi!! I found some component gznbd in the source but not much description
on that feature. If I check the nbd server and client on debian or SuSE
I cannot see, that it is linked againt a compression lib ...

Because I export readonly to rather many clients I was wondering if I get
a speedup over network with compression (I got 10MBytes on a 100Mbits
ethernet and hope for more :-)) ... I have much CPU power to spend, so
I think the workload for decompression should be handled well by the
clients ...

Is there any howto, information on that!?

Thanks! Dirk