[Nbd] NBD with RAID1

Hi,

I set up NBD with RAID1 for replicating a file server.
The system is Debian Sarge (kernel 2.6.8) with a dedicated Gigabit link for NBD (1.1 TB x 2). The filesystem is XFS.

I had some problem with NBD 2.7.3, but these seems resolved with NBD 2.7.4 from Debian Testing.

 kernel: nbd0: Receive control failed (result -32)
 kernel: nbd0: queue cleared
 kernel: nbd0: NBD_DISCONNECT
 kernel: md: trying to remove unknown-block(43,0) from md0 ...
 kernel: md: cannot remove active disk nbd0 from md0 ...

After some testing, I decided to cut the data space in several partitions, which allows several NBD processus to work in parallel. I had to rewrite the startup script for nbd-client, and made another script for monitoring the link between the servers. I am thinking to use heartbeat for that. Did anyone have the same issue ? Which solution was adopted ?

Best regards,
Yann
--
Network & System Engineer