Re: [Nbd] nbd use?

Apparently nobody answered to this yet, and I forgot. Sorry :-)

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 02:13:31PM +0200, Jordi Ingles wrote:
> Hi people,
> What is your opinion of this use for nbd?
>
> we want two servers ,
> one of them will have the shared data. What do you think if one server
> access using nbd to the other one   and after that both serves access
> the clients using NFS?

That isn't going to work, for the same reason why serving the same NBD
device to all your clients isn't going to work -- unless the filesystem
you use on top of NBD has been specifically crafted to make it possible.
I don't know whether such a filesystem exists, though.

> It can have synchronization problems with two servers?

Not just 'can', 'will'.

Unless of course you're setting up a failover cluster where your clients
will use the NFS file system from one of both the systems, and only fall
back to the other one if the first one breaks down.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond