Re: [Nbd] NBD+CDRW/DVDRW

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 03:13:39PM -0300, Edson Vinicius Schmitt wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 04:32:27PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > To write stuff to a CDRW drive, you need to perform some ioctl() calls
> > on it.
> >
> > nbd does not export that; it only supports read() and write().
> >
> > In other words, this isn't possible. It /might/ be possible with ENBD,
> Is it possible to add the ioctl() funcionality to nbd?? Is it interesting, is
> anyone already working on it?? Where should I begin??

Not without a protocol change, as ENBD has done.

Really. It might be possible to export a CDRW drive with ENBD, and I
/know/ they already export some ioctl() stuff; if this doesn't work,
adding extra shouldn't be hard.

That said, I'm not so sure writing a CD over the network is a good idea
at all, unless you don't care about buffer underruns.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks