[Nbd] #include a #define? NBD_H breaks compilation

I'm trying to test a patch against nbd from CVS before I send it in, but
there's a problem. The latest configure stuff does this:

#define NBD_H <linux/nbd.h>
[...]
#include NBD_H

That bombs with "1/nbd.h: No such file or directory" because the compiler (or
some system header) has #defined linux to be 1. It make work if you did
#define NBD_H "linux/nbd.h" because stuff in quotes is not subject to macro
expansion. It's probably safer to manage it with a -I/usr/src/linux-2.x.x
though, or do a #include "nbd.h" in the special case that it's been copied
into the source directory.

I could also use a list of the version of autoconf and related tools that are
required. I got it to work by running aclocal, automake, and autoconf but I
had to copy in a few things (mkinstalldirs, install-sh, etc.) from elsewhere.
What auto* command is supposed to put those in?