Re: [Nbd] Re: Problems getting nbd-2.7.x to compile

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 02:30:32PM +0200, Auke Kok wrote:
[...]
> this is output from my syslogs where a nbd-client failed to write to one
> of the servers. In itself cool with a different respect but I am
> seriously missing:
>
> 1) which /dev/nbd/XXX was involved. Machine kepler has 15 nbd devices in
> use at the moment!

Sounds reasonable; I'll have a look at adding this, when I have some
time.

> 2) the nbd_server also is not printing the proper info as seen by the %s's

Correct. This was because I changed the way something's working right
now, for security reasons. Will be fixed in the 2.8 NBD utilities, but
2.7 will keep producing that type of output.

> 3) I need to read up on the authorization file apparently ;^)

Not that it's rocket science or anything. Just a file with one IP
address per line, specify it with -l.

If you do specify an authorization file, the IP address of the
connecting client is looked up in that file; if the client is listed,
access is granted. If it isn't, access is denied. If there is no file
(or it cannot be opened), access is granted (I think the behaviour on
"file was specified but cannot be opened" is a bug, though, and will be
changed in the future). That's it :-)

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks