[Nbd] Negotiating... stalls

Dear Developers,

I've got a minute and decided again to try to setup nbd on our cluster.

We're running unstable debian so I have 2.7-2 version installed.
All nodes are running 2.6.7-rc1-bk3
and nbd-server is started up on all the nodes via command like:
/bin/nbd-server 1026 /dev/hda10

now when I'm trying to connect client to any of the nodes - nothing
really happens:

/sbin/nbd-client node3 1026 /dev/nb1
Negotiation:

and it sits like that for long time

on node3
node3:~# lsof -i tcp:1026
COMMAND     PID USER   FD   TYPE  DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME
nbd-serve 15185 root    3u  IPv4 9393088       TCP *:1026 (LISTEN)
nbd-serve 15185 root    4u  IPv4 9393089       TCP node3.rutgers.edu:1026->node2.rutgers.edu:33888 (ESTABLISHED)

so there is something going on but nothing really happenning...

Probably nbd-server was compiled for debian without logging facility
because in syslog I see nothing besides
nbd0: NBD_DISCONNECT
nbd1: NBD_DISCONNECT
nbd2: NBD_DISCONNECT

aha now after long waiting I've got on the node which is client and
server alltogether in syslog:

nbd0: Request when not-ready
end_request: I/O error, dev nbd0, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 0
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 1
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 2
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 3
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 4
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 5
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 6
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 7
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 8
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 9
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 10
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 11
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 12
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 13
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 14
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 15
nbd0: Request when not-ready
end_request: I/O error, dev nbd0, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device nbd0, logical block 0

So how can I debug this situation?

--
                                                  Yaroslav Halchenko
                  Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers