Specification HOWTO needed

Hi lsb-spec,

The lsb-futures group focuses on identifing new candidates for inclusion in
the LSB. When we find them we usually try to recruit people with expertise
in the candidate to help out with the standarization process. These people
know about the candidate but aren't LSB experts and don't know about how
the LSB spec works and how to import into the spec database etc. In order
for them to help us they need documentation on how to help. They will also
probably need to know how to generate stub libs/headers and test them etc.
I think only a few people know how to do this right now. I suspect that
we'll still want to maintain control of the "official" spec database, but
anything that could let them help with the import and working through the
problems would be good.

So we need some sort of "New component Spec creation HOWTO".

Anybody want to write this?

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation