Re: Proposal: cpuinfo(1)

Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 01:57:33PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > As current /proc/cpuinfo is unportable and thus not suitable for LSB
> > > in my eyes, I'd like to propose a new tool, cpuinfo(1) as replacement.
> > >
> > > Cpuinfo is supposed to allow retrieving a subset of the contents of
> > > the i386 /proc/cpuinfo in a portable way.
> >
> > I think thats an excellent idea.
>
> The first release of cpuinfo(1), which is still i386-only can be found
> at:
>
>         http://people.nl.linux.org/~hch/cpuinfo/cpuinfo-0.1.tar.gz
>
> Please give me feedback (and/or patches) for this version if possible.

The first thing I noticed is that only one flag at a time is
allowed, so I can't go "cpuinfo -bp" and get my BogoMips and
CPU names at the same time.

The usage message is "cpuinfo [ -bcfnp ]" which implies I can
mix and match flags.
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
jockgrrl@austin.rr.com                 or nothing at all.