Re: LSB1.1: /proc/cpuinfo

> > That will break glibc for one thing, so I doubt it
>
> Never major versions break things.
> There is no reason to stay broken because glibc is a piece of shit.

Well if you don't want any users its not my problem. When you've finished
writing calderux with its own libc, that runs no normal Linux apps you
can go and join the hurd team.

Real world customers (the sort who pay sensible amounts) expect and demand
forward compatibility and the ability to roll back cleanly. Even if Linus
were to take it out of his kernel it would be relevant to the LSB as all
the vendors will have to put it back compatibly.

Alan