Re: LSB Spec 1.0 Criticism

Anthony Towns writes:

> Uh, is there any existing free implementation related code? .lsb packages
> that are expected to be able to be installed on compliant distros to
> test with, sample implementations of lsb_release, lsb/install_initd,
> lsb/remove_initd, and lsb/init-functions, or anything similar? The
> "Implementation" stuff seems to be mainly focussed on getting libraries
> synced up (as does the spec itself, really).

lsb_release can be downloaded from the LSB SourceForge website. It was
packaged by Debian a few months ago (currently in testing & unstable).

Development of a minimal runtime environment is in progress and can be
downloaded from in http://www.linuxbase.org/impl/ I believe the
version checked into CVS is more up to date. It needs a lot more work
but I'm sure Johannes would appreciate more feedback on what is there
currently.

Some experimental binary versions of test suites are available from
the LSB SourceForge website and wider range of source versions of test
suites can be downloaded from
ftp://lsb.sourceforge.net/pub/lsb/test_suites. Keep in mind that these
are work in progress and shouldn't be considered 'official', but again
feedback on what is there is welcomed, help in developing them even
more so :-)

There are also various other miscellaneous useful bits and pieces in
CVS repository.

Chris.
--
yeohc@au1.ibm.com