Re: URGENT [PROPOSAL] V3: lsb lib and lsb loader location (also IA64)

Stuart Anderson writes:
> > /lib/lsb32 (or /lib/lsb32compat though I don't think we even need the
> > compat suffix). The same directories can then be used for sparc64 and
> > ppc64 systems (no need to install both ia32 and ppc32 libraries on the
> > same machine).
>

> I very much like this generalization.
>
> Another odd, but not impossible, scenario would be running ia32 apps, on
> an Alpha system. How would this scheme handle that situation?

In general i'm not yet convinced we need to handle those kind of wierd
situations for the LSB. But if I remember correctly Alpha doesn't
have/need the 32 bit native directory anyway so ia32 apps on an Alpha
system could use lsb32 :-)

Chris.
--
yeohc@au1.ibm.com