Re: FHS 2.2/LSB spec consistency

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Chris Yeoh wrote:

> The FHS 2.2 specification requires the following commands but which
> are not mentioned in the commands section of the LSB spec:
>
> dmesg
> login
> shutdown
>
> It seems a bit odd to me for us to require certain programs but not
> specify usage or behaviour. Any objections to these being added?

Either add them, or add a statement explicetly excluding them from the LSB
(without saying that they must not exist).

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team
Creative Applications Lab Chair - SIGGRAPH 2001