Re: No group write API: do not remove note

> Yesterday I was attempting to cleanup all of the FIXMEs and NOTEs in
> specification.   The excerpt below shows that I removed the
> comment/observation that I had received from JFH.   I guess I could add
> back the removed text less the "According to..." and the NOTE tags.   Would
> this be acceptable?

Yes, fine for me.

I reworded the paragraph a bit, to make Stuart happy:
(But the old one is good enough)

Julianne Frances Haugh, the original author of shadow-utils,
reminded us that there are no group write APIs. To change
the group database, use the system adminstration commands
groupadd(1), groupdel(1), groupmod(1) instead of API calls.
Use the usermod(1) command to add or remove a user to/from
supplementary groups.

Do not change a present group database file directly.
--
    /  ___/__/  /                 Caldera (Deutschland) GmbH