Re: No group write API: do not remove note

Johannes,

Yesterday I was attempting to cleanup all of the FIXMEs and NOTEs in
specification.   The excerpt below shows that I removed the
comment/observation that I had received from JFH.   I guess I could add
back the removed text less the "According to..." and the NOTE tags.   Would
this be acceptable?

RCS file: /cvsroot/lsb/spec/gLSB/usersgroups/usersgroups.m4,v
retrieving revision 1.4
retrieving revision 1.5
diff -r1.4 -r1.5
47,55d46
< <NOTE>
< <PARA>
< According to JFH, the original author of shadow-utils,
< there are no group write APIs; therefore, do not be tempted to edit the
group
< database file directly, use the system admin. commands such as
groupadd(1),
< groupdel(1), groupmod(1).  Use usermod(1) to add and remove a user
< from supplementary groups.
< </PARA>
< </NOTE>

George Kraft IV