Re: Renaming the LSB? (was: Re: Specification v 0.8)

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, David L. Nicol wrote:

>> > : > Fundamentally its a specification about a set of behaviours. Not
>> > : > who wrote which bits of the existing implementation. Its arguable
>> > : > that the 'Linux' bit is in part inappropriate
>> > :
>> > : I'm open to suggestions for a word that starts with the letter 'L',
>> > : and means ubiquitous. So far, all I've come up with is
>> > : "Level-playing-field" 8-).
>>
>> I'm in favor of having L stand for LSB, as Peter suggested.
>> This is in the grand tradition of GNU, so RMS will surely be happy!
>>
>> - Dan
>
>Hah!  "LSB stands for LSB Standards Base."

Seems like "LSD Standard FreeBase" is more appropriate with the
current discussion...

<grin>

Signature poll:  I'm planning on getting a 12 or 16 port autosensing
10/100 ethernet switch soon for home use, and am interested in hearing
others recommendations on what to buy.  Cost isn't as important as is
functionality and quality.  Any suggestions appreciated.