Re: Problems with dd and the keywords swab and sync

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> Both the swab and the sync keywords fail to work correctly according to
> SUS, but the behavior is one I would classify as "broken", so I'm reticent
> to code this broken behavior into the spec as "differences".
>
> Do I have to put these items into the spec as "differences" or is there
> some more appropriate label I can put on these issues?

What about a non-normative footnote that points out these "bugs".

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team
Creative Applications Lab Chair - SIGGRAPH 2001