Re: Latest list of undocumented commands

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001 cyeoh@samba.org wrote:

> This is the latest list of undocument commands (16 remaining):
>
> ar
> awk

I can take these first two, but I have a couple of questions.

1. neither ar nor awk have manpages in Andries Bouwer's manpages package,
but I have man pages for both ar and mawk on my Debian box, so I guess I
should look a SUS first? What is the defining doc otherwise?

2. awk is probably not used on any Linux these days and has been replaced
by gawk, mawk, and nawk (possibly bawk and cawk ;-), so what should the
spec call out? Should I look for a compatable subset of features or should
we spec a particular fork, like gawk?

If I can finish this is reasonable time, I'll take on a couple more, but
let's see how this goes first.

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-