passwd command in LSB spec

Hi,

For the passwd command, we have the following in the current spec:

passwd [-l] [user]

The specification for "passwd" is as specified in the BSD.Options

-l update password only in local password file

The parameter -l is used by the passwd command from the shadow suite
and most other commercial unix as paramter for locking an account.

Is it really usefull to define something different here ?

The only for all Linux Distributions common parameters I found
are:

-l lock the named account
-u unlock the named account
-S show password status of named account

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg