Re: Resolution of the cron.hourly directory

Hi,

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 tytso@mit.edu wrote:

> One of my action items was to resolve the questions surrounding the
> cron.hourly directory.

[...]

> When this is weighed against the observation that there is an entry in
> /etc/cron.d easily replaces the functionality provided by cron.hourly,
> it becomes very hard to justify leaving cron.hourly in the LSB
> specification.  Hence, I've removed it.  Of course, distributions who
> wish to continue providing cron.hourly are free to do so; LSB compliant
> applications should use /etc/cron.d instead, however.
>
> Comments?

No, this is just fine. Thanks!

Bye,
	LenZ
 Lenz Grimmer                                           SuSE GmbH
 mailto:grimmer@suse.de                       Schanzaeckerstr. 10
 http://www.suse.de/~grimmer/            90443 Nuernberg, Germany
          Semiconductor:  A part-time orchestra leader.