Re: [johannes@caldera.de: Comments on Chapter 17 (cron) of the LSB Spec]

On 7/12/00 at 11:36 Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

>Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 07:46:49 -0500
>   From: Wade Hampton <whampton@staffnet.com>
>
>   Questions:
>   1.  Would this have any impact on embedded systems?
>
>None; embedded systems aren't expected to be LSB complaint.  (Remember,
>the initial scope of the LSB is to make sure that ISV's like Intuit can
>ship a single version of TurboTax that will work on any distribution.)

Embedded is a pretty wide ranged area, we have had Linux on a floppy that
could easily be called "Embed able", so why should it not follow LSB where
possible ?

FYI there is a list for embedded discussions if anyone is interested in
joining, mail me off list for details.

Regards

Greg Wright
--

IT Consultant Sydney Australia     PH 0418 292020
Available for Global Contracts   Int. +61 418 292020