Re: Question about Facility names

Hi,

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Lenz Grimmer wrote:

> we are currently working on changing our init scripts to follow the
> LSB spec as defined in chapter "System initialization" on
> http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/spec/book1.html
>
> However, the section about "Facility Names" is a bit fuzzy. Do these
> "facilities" actually define separate init scripts? If yes, the
> definition is not very exhaustive. For example: how exactly do you
> define "low level networking" for facility $network? Is the IP address
> already assigned at that stage? Is routing set up? Or is just the
> network driver module loaded?

Is someone actually reading this mailing list? We would really appreciate
some clarification on that subject. We are in the process of adopting this
new scheme _now_ :)

Thanks!

	LenZ
 Lenz Grimmer                                           SuSE GmbH
 mailto:grimmer@suse.de                       Schanzaeckerstr. 10
 http://www.suse.de/~grimmer/            90443 Nuernberg, Germany
           RTFM: But it's the computer manuals I hate.