Re: [Freestandards-ldps] Re: LDPS 0.91 - even closer to release

   Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:59:17 +0100 (BST)
   From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>

   > lot of #ifdef's, since our signalling model and file locking model are
   > quite different.  One can claim that it's *saner*, but it's at the same
   > time *different*.

   Our file locking model should be 100% posix bogon compliant. Because
   this causes performance problems for sane software we actively
   discussed including a facility to break that compliance at OLS, but
   not to remove it as the default.

POSIX threads requires that file locks be per process, and not
per-thread.  The fact that we treat threads === process causes problems,
no?

(I'm not arguing whether or not the Posix model is bogus or not; I'm
just stating that I think there's an incompatibility here.)

						- Ted