Re: PROPOSAL for FHS revised : Mount points for CDs, floppies and a lien OS partitions.]

"Thomas Bushnell, BSG" wrote:

> /misc has the disadvantage of having nothing to do with what any
> existing system uses.
>
> All of the ones I know either directly mount on subdirs of /, or mount
> on subdirs of /mnt.
Sounds like a good reason to use it :)

I think the reasons are:

a)  keep /mnt free for standalone use
b)  get people to standardize on where their CD and floppy will be
    (I like RedHat's /mnt/cdrom, but it should /misc/cdrom)
c)  keep it simple

--
W. Wade, Hampton  <whampton@staffnet.com>
On July 8, 1947, witnesses claim a spaceship with five aliens aboard