Re: PROPOSAL for FHS revised : Mount points for CDs, floppies and alien OS partitions.]

Johannes Poehlmann wrote:

> Changes from version 1: changed ugly "/mnt.d" to /mount, clarify
> the function of /mnt and propose a non-required structure of the
> /mount directory.
>
> PROPOSAL for FHS: Mount points for CDs, floppies and alien OS partitions.

Dumb question:

Does this add any functionality you can't just get by reading /etc/fstab
and/or /etc/mtab?  If so, I think we should put it off until post-LSB
1.0.  We need a standard now, and I don't think we can afford to get
sidetracked with lower-priority projects.

	-hpa

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt