Re: PROPOSAL for FHS: Mount points for CDs, floppies and alien OS partitions.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 10:44:14PM -0700, Daniel Quinlan wrote:
> Brian F. Kimball writes:
>
> > IMHO it's a good rationale for not having such mount points in the root
> > directory, but it's not a good rationale for specifying exactly where
> > those mount points should go and what they should be named.  I still
> > think this should be a local issue.
>
> FHS does not try to tell local sysadmins what to do.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  Replace "a local issue" with "up to the various
distributions".

In any case, I'll shut up about this aspect of the proposal because I
just noticed that it doesn't _require_ /mounts ("There may be a new
subdirectory '/mounts'...").  If it's completely optional then I must
wonder why it should be specified at all, though.

	brian