Re: PROPOSAL for FHS: Mount points for CDs, floppies and alien OS partitions.

since it will be "new" for most users, it shoudnt be a cryptic name.
"mnt.d" is cryptic in my optinion /mount or /disks should be fine.
/vol might be also strange for newbies. /media might be fine.
i prefer /disks.

you don´t earn very much with specifing this, if you leave this out :

the names: "cdrom" or "cdrom1" ?
and "dvd" or "cdrom" ? (can be used as both).
and "cdwriter" or "cdrom" ? (it´s the cdrom interface, but newbies will ask).
and "dos_c" "dos" "dos1" "dos_hda3" or what ?

> Another possibility is to use something like the Sun two-level hierarchy
> and not automount on the top-level directory.  Use /floppy/fd0.

first, please don´t add lots of subdirs to /. second: floppy0 is
more readable IMO than fd0. third: do we realy need to start with
numbering by 0 ?

regards, andreas