Re: PROPOSAL for FHS: Mount points for CDs, floppies and alien OS partitions.

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Johannes Poehlmann wrote:

> PROPOSAL for FHS: Mount points for CDs, floppies and alien OS partitions.
>
> Problem:
> ========
>
> There is no defined/legal place, where cdroms, floppies or
> alien OS partitions go to.

Another issue not covered yet is the case where one has multiple drives.
How do I handle a case with two floppy drives (3.5" and 5.25" to cover all
ancient systems) and several CDROM drives.

Any future standard should cover these situations.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)