Re: PROPOSAL: Standard SNMP Agent Daemon?

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Cagle, John wrote:

> I apologize in advance if this has been discussed previously, but it sure
> would be nice to have a standard SNMP Agent included with an LSB-compliant
> distribution.

I don't think we want to require all LSB systems to run SNMP clients. An
add-on spec for a minimal LSB-compliant MIB makes a lot of sense though.

Erik

|            "Who is John Galt?" - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand		      |
|  Linux Application Development  --  http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad   |