Re: PROPOSAL: a common menu system.

> > o	Internationalised
> We can do that as well

It doesnt seem to be in the spec?

> > o	Handles mime items
> Orthogonal to a menu item, I don't think we should mix those.

Not for drag and drop 'what do I run'

> I was talking with George Lebl and we were thinking of changing the
> GNOME menu system as well since it was missing some features as well,
> and switching it to a XML-based system at the same time.

Well the current state of play is that is future todo stuff and requires
discussion with KDE folks. Its gnome 2.0 stuff at the earliest. I submit we
should be standardising the here-and-now. That is the gnome/kde desktop format
and is also already being used by third party installers (you'll notice
CivCTP for example adds a desktop entry 8))