Re: PROPOSAL: a common menu system.

On 29 May 2000, Peter Makholm wrote:
> Adrian Schroeter <adrian@suse.de> writes:
> > okay, but there is no console application which has such a list, so
> > menu-methods will not be there, when no X11 and no windowmanager is
> > installed. maybe I am wrong ?
>
> Debian has a package called pdmenu which is a text based menu
> system. It uses the same system for generating it's menus. (And no, it
> won't use $xterm -c or something like it.)

I did not know this. In this case /etc/ makes sense.

> This could be done with an extension to the KDE/Gnome stuff. I would
> prefer the debian menu system but thats only because I know it and I
> don't know the Gnome/Kde solutions.

I have no problem to extend our susewm to the format as described. But the
primary documented solution for our users will be the kde/gnome files,
because it seems easier for me. Maybe this changes when a X11 configure
tool for this file exists.

Is there any official document about this format ?

bye

adrian

Adrian Schröter
SuSE GmbH, Schanzaeckerstr. 10, 90443 Nuernberg, Germany
Email: adrian@suse.de