Re: Proposal: Motif Widget set

gk4@us.ibm.com writes:

> However, as mentioned in the first sentence, this is pointless for now
> because of the Open Motif license.  Although, I will bring up this topic
> again if TOG changes the license agreement to something more favorable.

As long as the LSB standard only covers the common subset of Motif
and Lesstif (LGPLed) I would see no problem of including it right now -- as an
addon

Lesstif means AFAIK most of Motif 1.2, but not everything of Motif 2.0

One disadvantage is iirc that one reason to use Motif is better I18N
support (like Bidi and Asian input methods) than Qt/GTK, and these are
mostly Motif 2.0 features, probably not in lesstif.

-Andi