Re: Proposal: Motif Widget set

On Mon, 15 May 2000 gk4@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Now that the Open Group has announced "Open Motif", I believe it now meets
> the requirements that was outlined for it to be included in the written
> specification.

I don't think we should add any of the desktop toolkits to the LSB 1.0. We
certainly need to address this in the future but don't slow down LSB 1.0
over discussions that are sure to get religious (for instance, I don't want
to include libraries that would prevent commercial OS's from easily putting
together an LSB compliance layer; that may or may not make Motif problematic).

Erik

|            "Who is John Galt?" - Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand		      |
|  Linux Application Development  --  http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad   |