Re: BUG in LSB-FHS-TS_SPEC

In message <[🔎] 20000516092801.A8551@Phex.suse.de> Thorsten Kukuk writes -

>@ /lib/ld.so, 3.6-3(A)
>
>Problem:
>
>The test suite checks for an old, obsolete name for the shared
>dynamic linker (/lib/ld.so). FHS 2.1 only required that the shared
>dynamic linker is in /lib. Not that the name is ld.so. I think it
>is behind the scope of the LSB-FHS test suite to requires a special
>name for the linker. We also cannot make ld.so a symbolic link to
>the real name of the shared linker, because ld.so is the name of the
>old libc4/a.out linker.

It appears that there still is a reference to /lib/ld.so in the FHS 2.1
specification. From section 3.6:

"This includes /lib/libc.so.*, /lib/libm.so.*, the shared dynamic linker
/lib/ld.so, and other shared libraries required by binaries in /bin and
/sbin."

... so perhaps this should be added to the list of issues that need to
be addressed with respect to the specification. Also something about
adding a reference to /lib/ld-linux.so* in the Linux annex.

Regards,

Chris
--
cyeoh@linuxcare.com.au