HELP!

Folks,

We desperately need everyone possible to review the spec of commands and utilities and fill it out to contain all the necessary entries.  We need to fill out the database as soon as possible.

Here is the URL to the current list: http://www.linuxbase.org/cu/

I've noticed that the list is missing even basic things like:

useradd
usermod
userdel
groupadd
groupmod
groupdel

We not only need to standardize on these commands, but specify which version of the above commands are used.  The only way we can do this reliably is if everyone who reads this reviews the list and uses their imagination on what can/should be added and specified.  I'll be glad to collect all the suggestions and submit them to whomever wants to enter them into the database.

Possible suggestion: I happened to notice this problem because some LSB test scripts will not run on Caldera because Caldera is missing some of the above commands, and the ones Caldera includes do not support the same switches.  Perhaps it would help if you could download and run the lsb-fhs and vsx4 tests and see if everything works for you.  On the other hand, don't rely on the tests to identify all the potential problems.  I'm sure they won't surface that way.

-Nick

Nicholas Petreley                   LinuxWorld - InfoWorld
nicholas@petreley.com - http://www.petreley.com - Eph 6:12
.