Re: Questions about spec

At 23:01 +0000 2000-03-03, Alan Cox wrote:
>ncurses we cant really do yet because the C++ compiler ABI isnt solid
>until gcc 3.0

eh? What has a library written in C to do with the C++ compiler ABI?

>	termcap

termcap is not maintained upstream, and should be deprecated in favor of
ncurses (whether that's terminfo in -lcurses or the optional separate
-ltinfo).
Debian policy forbids termcap, and we'd rather not be forced into providing
libc6 runtime for it.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>