Re: Playing with the spec

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

>    From: <Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl>
>    Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 20:50:29 +0100 (CET)
>
>    > Unfortunately, the tools for processing Docbook SGML seem to suck
>    > rocks.  You can't generate pretty-printed text files from the SGML, like
>    > you can with Linuxdoc.
>
>    You can. It took some people less then an evening to start from no sgml
>    experience to mention to get it running with a RPM package.
>
> Great.  Can you explain to me how, or send me pointers to documentation
> that doesn't suck?  Most of the documentation out there describes the
> SGML format; it doesn't explain the process from soup to nuts, or
> mention that the some of the SGML tools don't properly handle all of
> Docbook constructs, or how to drive the various SGML tools to do the
> right thing.

If you can read Dutch you can go to http://doc.nllgg.nl/ where I put the
RPM packages (SGMLtools + addons) and a part of the booklet I was working
on to support Dutch authors.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Use of any of my email addresses for unsollicited (commercial)
    email is a clear intrusion of my privacy and illegal!