Re: /usr/sbin/sendmail specification proposal, draft 4

As a followup to myself, a URL for c-client is http://www.washington.edu/imap.

> Yes, but c-client is horribly slow, leaves mailboxes with annoying "DO
> NOT DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA" messages, and is
> under the circumspect UW license...

I won't argue that it is perfect and should be adopted, but I do think that
conceptually it is very close.

> But, there is hope. I have been working (with a couple of others) on
> the forthcoming GNU mailutils package, which includes, among other
> things, a library (may become libraries) that provide better than
> c-client funcionality under LGPL.

This would be wonderful, especially if the library is a nice clean layer that
isn't tied to closely to the rest ofthe apps in the package.

> case the API is still under development and can still be adaptable to
> emerging standards such as this. Comments are, of course, welcome.

Please document what you have, and propose it so we can discuss it and provide
feedback.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
4711 North Powerline Road                        129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.938.0283                              voice: 803.951.3630
fax:   954.938.1982                              SkyTel: 800.405.3401
http://www.metrolink.com/