Re: Resolutions to comments on LSB-FHS-TS_SPEC_V1.0

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > The mail spool MUST be accessible through /var/mail AND /var/spool/mail,
> > and spool files MUST take the form /var/{spool/}mail/$LOGNAME. Either
> > /var/mail or /var/spool/mail, or both, MAY be symbolic links to another
> > directory.
>
> That sounds good to me

And several others, I beleive. Perhaps a vote is in order?

> > It is RECOMMENDED that /var/mail be the actual directory and
> > /var/spool/mail be the symbolic link. At some point use of /var/spool/mail
> > may become deprecated.
>
> Thats policy where it isnt needed

Then it doesn't have to be included. I only put it in to placate all the
"other UNIXen use /var/mail, so /var/spool/mail shouldn't even exist" type
people.

| Jakob 'sparky' Kaivo        |          jake@nodomainname.net |
| NoDomainName Networks       |    http://www.nodomainname.net |
| AtDot E-mail Services       |           http://www.atdot.org |