Re: One question about change linux-dynlinker to lsb-dynlinker

On Tuesday 13 August 2002 03:47 am, Shou Hua Wang wrote:

> Could somebody else tell me why LSB SI need to change this, and can I do
> this link manullay after the system was built(Both ld.so.1 and ld-lsb.so.1
> are link to ld-2.2.5.so)?

Sorry, I thought I replied to this a week ago.

The ld-lsb is meant to enable the LSB to use a different glibc and linker than
the existing system.  This way we can stablilize on say glibc 2.2.5 while the
linux distros move on to the newer version (like say 3.0 some day).

The LSB allows for a mini linux within the existing system and the different
linker helps with this.