RE: syslog under SI

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> On 20-Jun-2002 Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> >
> > Still looking for a good answer for syslog
> > under the SI.  My test runs under the Itanium
> > sample impl. are showing 124 uninitiated due
> > to the lack of a syslogd (openlog, closelog,
> > and a ton for syslog).
> >
> > Mats
>
> compile a syslog package for the SI and install it before the test suite runs
> just like we do pax.

>From the syslogd.conf man page:

              *.*                          @finlandia

       This rule would redirect all messages  to  a  remote  host
       called  finlandia.  This is useful especially in a cluster
       of machines where all syslog messages will  be  stored  on
       only one machine.

I haven't had a chance to experiment yet, but will glibc read this, and send
it on to another host? or can it only hand it off to a local syslod, where the
smarts exist to hand it off to another host?

                                Stuart

anderson@freestandards.org                                Free Standards Group
Lead Developer, Written Specification                     Linux Standard Base