RE: Testing of lsbdev and sample implementation

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

> However, here's a question:  can an LSB application call
> out to a non-LSB application "legally"?  While it's doing
> so, /that/ usage isn't LSB-conforming, but does that make
> the application itself unable to be used as an LSB application?

Good question. I'm not sure that I have a concise answer yet.

> And... are there any plans for a dynamic application checker
> that could alert one to such issues,

Yes, there are plans, but the implementation hasn't begun yet. Some
of the prerequisits are being worked on though.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team