Re: G3C announces: GML, Gopher and XHTML

Seriously, you all behave like you havent seen an april fools day joke.(afore mentioned humour)

Since when did April's Fools jokes include racial slurs, culturally insensitive material and prejudice?

From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
Sent: Saturday, 3 April 2021 11:44 AM
To: Ivan J. <parazyd@dyne.org>
Cc: Chris Brannon <chris@the-brannons.com>; gopher-project@other.debian.org <gopher-project@other.debian.org>
Subject: Re: G3C announces: GML, Gopher and XHTML

On Fri, Apr 02 2021, Ivan J. wrote:

> Sad to say, you also seem to be ignoring all the actual effort
> Bitreich is doing to help and improve Gopher and its adoption.

Spreading racism helps nothing and nobody.  It has no place in
this community.

Writing Gopher patches to software is great, but that doesn't mean
that racism and sexism must accompany it.

I want to assure everyone, lurkers and regular participants, that
Christoph Lohmann does not speak for this community, that racism
has no place in this or any other Open Source community, and that
you are not alone in your feeling of revulsion at it.

I have no respect for racists and no desire to work with people
that seek to use technical lists to spread racism, regardless of
what their Free Software activities are.  Free Software is about
treating people ethically and making the world a better place, and
racism and sexism are antithetical to these aims.

- John