RE: Gopher item type for Markdown?

> From: Sean Conner <sean@conman.org>

> It was thus said that the Great Matt Owen once stated:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've been mulling this one over for a while... I'm thinking of adding
> > markdown support to my Gopher client, which is relatively easy to do,
> > but I'd like some input on:

> Which version of Markdown?  There are several, as listed in RFC-7764.

I was thinking of either CommonMark, or the GitHub flavoured version.

Based on responses so far, checking for .md on an item-type of 0,
definitely seems to be the way to go.

I'll also not auto display images, but convert to a gopher links
(somehow) to mimic how images are currently handled in most clients.

The last thing I want to do here is break any standards, hence asking
here first!

-Matt/Jaruzel