Re: Gopher item type for Markdown?

> > a) Is this a good thing to do? Markdown is technically still text, but
> > some might feel that it shouldn't be part of the gopher item types.
>
> I would use type 0 (text) and the .md extension.
> A client can easily interpret it how it wants then.

I think this makes the most sense to me as well. Markdown is still visually
intelligible as plain text, so I don't see why older clients unaware of a
new item type should be unable to access it. The extension seems like
something that could be agreed upon by convention.

-- Music should be used for the perception of God. -- George Harrison ---------