Re: The future of PyGopherd

Greetings.

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 06:07:18 +0200 John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> 2) Would anybody be interested in adding UMN gopherd metadata support to
> another server?  (there was some discussion in IRC about geobyidae doing
> this but I'm unsure how that progressed)

I am  working on creating  CGI and  converter scripts of  the bucktooth
format and  the UMN format  for geomyidae. The modular  architecture of
geomyidae allows this easily.

While doing so I  find more and more things that  need to be documented
or  preserved  for historical  reasons,  so  the  task  is not  just  a
converter script, it's also making a documentation of what was there.

So  anyone wanting  to help  and knows  some old  obscure gophermap  or
gopherd format, that needs conversion, let me know. Writing a converter
or a handler in a cgi or dcgi script is really easy.

When that is done, a new geomyidae  release will come out, with the new
gopher TLS support and some speedups. Everyone stay tuned.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann