Re: Maximum send and recv length in Gopher

I'm curious, isn't this the lenght you can enter in a telnet client for
example?
What is if you write your own TCP client which sends a request longer
than this.
Although this wasn't my question. I'm currently working on a gopherd and
I am not sure if I should support data transfer bigger than a certain size.