Re: Download a whole gopherhole using wget/curl?

On 11/28/2019 2:31 AM, Sean Conner wrote:
> It was thus said that the Great kiwidevelops once stated:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I want to archive as many gopherholes as I can, just in case any
>> of them one day shut down or their server stops running and would
>> like to know how I can download a gopherhole recursively.
>

>> Does anyone know how to properly back up a whole gopherhole?
>> Thank you!

Ask. We're already sharing our content openly, no need to  be a dik.

> Ask the site owner politely for a copy of the content?

Like Sean says... again, don't be a dik.

> gopher://gopher.conman.org/1Bible:
> gopher://gopher.conman.org/0Bible:Genesis
> gopher://gopher.conman.org/0Bible:Genesis.1
> gopher://gopher.conman.org/0Bible:Genesis.1:1
> gopher://gopher.conman.org/0Bible:Genesis.1-3
> gopher://gopher.conman.org/0Bible:Genesis.1:1-3:24
> gopher://gopher.conman.org/0Bible:Genesis.2:5-17
>
> All of these are valid pages.  And given I have the entire King
> James Bible here, that's a ton of potential pages.

Well I like the fact that it's the authorized version, and not some
NIV or other modern concatenated version. Perhaps adding War and
Peach, or All Quiet on the Western Front, or even, Gone with the Wind
to that?

Bottom line, Mr anonymized *kiwidevelops*... Sean is doing you a favor
here, do us a solid too, and refrain from attempting to make
gopherspace your own personal repo of endless blackholes that we are
encouraged to create for diks that think their archives are doing us
some favor.

- --
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services