RE: What's the status of Mostognir?

I have a Windows Gopher client, too: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/simple-gopher-client/9p5j5ggq2fg2?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

One of my design goals is to move to a more modern style UI that’s more like a “chat” program and less like a terminal.

When I built it I also started to investigate the actual state of the Gopher protocol compared to what’s in the RFC:

Directory entry says what? Current Gopher type fie...

Gopher: Carriage Returns, Line Feeds and Tabs (oh ...

Dots, more dots, most dots

All my character sets

Any port in a storm!

Lastly, I’ve also created a “gopher of things” programming system using the BC BASIC language that’s built into my calculator program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTjm-jCI9dI

Gopher is actually a pretty nice protocol for prototyping IOT devices: clients are available for every major operating system, and it makes very few demands on the IOT device.

Peter

Sent from Mail for Windows 10