Re: April Fools’ Day

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 12:24 PM Héctor Abreu <habreu71@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2019-04-14, Randall Wood <randall@woodbriceno.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 14:01:03 +0200
> > Christian Kellermann <ckeen@pestilenz.org> wrote:
> >
> >> * Jacob Head <gopher@jacob-head.com> [190402 13:50]:

> > The joke? continues.  I used lynx to go to gopher;//www.devuan.org/pwned.html and got "don't waste your time you moron! Just go to gopher://devuan.org"; which, when I did so, turns out to be full Devuan news feed.  I'm impressed!
> >

> The Devuan email list had a discussion about it with the subject "DEVUAN.ORG HAS BEEN PWNED", but since I didn't see any message in that thread admitting that it was a joke, I have decided for now not to use that gopherhole. I'm not sure if it's safe, or I probably don't understand their sense of humor.
> --
> Héctor Abreu

The thread you're looking for is "Update on the Green Hat Hackers
attack": https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20190401.070222.844cb081.en.html

However the whole thing seems to have been a bit of a mess and there
are a lot of disgruntled Devuan users, since they initially doubled
down on claiming it was an attack and it seems some of the people
involved in the project weren't notified ahead of time...